Living through the times of the depression, my Grandma always worried about not “cleaning” your plate. At any meal, if I did not finish my food… I would hear her most famous expression recited once more, “waste not, want not”! Well with my recent research, I am happy to say that my Grandma would be very proud to hear that when it comes to pumpkins, I will not waste one bit! Now—I’m not just talking about carving jack-o-lanterns and roasting a few pumpkin seeds. There is really oh so much more! After consulting other bloggers, I have compiled a list of 10 of my most favorite ways to use a pumpkin! So before you carve that jack-o-lantern of yours and toss the remains into the trash—take a look at some of my favorite ways to get the most out of your precious pumpkin this season!
1. Pumpkin Pie: I know, I know… this one sounds a bit cliché and traditional, but it’s not just your average version… its Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Pie! Besides…isn’t Thanksgiving just around the corner? See for yourself what looks to me like an absolutely delicious Pumpkin Pie recipe!
2. Pumpkin Face Mask: What could be more organic and natural then using only the freshest ingredients? Check out this Honey Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask!
3. Pumpkin Body Butter: Want to give your skin a real treat to soak up and skip the allergic reaction aftermath? Well this au natural Luscious Pumpkin Body Butter recipe made up of coconut milk, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon is bound to give you just that!
4. Pumpkin Soup: Mmm Pumpkin Soup or Pumpkin Cider Bisque? You can’t go wrong with a cup of this on a cold day! Take a look for yourself to see what goes into this absolutely delicious creation…
5. Pumpkin Spice Latte: This drink might very well be my ultimate Starbucks Coffee favorite. But wait a minute now that trip to the coffee shop isn’t even necessary! You can make it straight from home with Amy’s Version of Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte!
6. Floating Pumpkin Candles: These DIY Floating Pumpkin Candles would make the perfect finishing touch for a Halloween party or even a romantic candlelit dinner for two…
7. Pumpkin Air Freshener: Another necessary addition if you are thinking of having company over is the DIY Fresh Pumpkin Air Freshener … whether its that Halloween party or significant other stopping by—nobody in their right mind likes walking into a smelly home!
8. Pumpkin Bird Feeder: Help out your hungry backyard friends by making a bird feeder out of the shell of your pumpkin! I am sure some of those birds might even use it as a cozy little nest to stay out of that cold!
9. Pumpkin Pancakes: I have heard of pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins but what could be yummier than Pumpkin Pancakes?!
10. And last but definitely not least, your furry friend is begging for some pumpkin treats! According to a blog found on “This is Vegan”, “Pumpkin is just as good for dogs as it is for humans. It is particularly famous for its ability to help with both doggy constipation and doggy diarrhea (and for promoting overall GI functioning in general).”